As someone who loves to vision board, I have a lot of magazines laying around my house :) I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you and why I love them. I get most of my knowledge from books, but magazines are a great place to get exposed to new books, discover helpful products and can be a place to get bite-sized bits of information when you just don't have the time to sit and read a book. Many also have beautiful photography and layouts that you just don't get from a book. So here is my list of favorites:
- Science of Mind: Guide for Spiritual Living- This is the only magazine I read every month. It has a really inspiring daily guide section that I love to read during my Miracle Morning. They are short one-page reminders of spiritual lessons. They are the perfect way to start my day in a positive frame of mind. They also have a daily affirmation at the end that I add to my personal affirmations for the day.
- Parents Magazine- Parenting in this new technology age is not an easy job! This magazine hits all the pain points for parents from newborns to early elementary age. It's full of good ideas for your kids, yourself, your home and it has a special section called Ages + Stages where parenting experts give advice based on your child's area of development. One of my favorite mainstays is the "Parents Last Laugh," where readers send in funny things their kids do.
- Outside- This magazine is certainly marketed towards men, but I love it. The photography is breathtaking and it always has great ideas for off the beaten path travel destinations with an adventure component. I also get great gift ideas for my husband because their gear guides are top-notch.
- Spirituality & Health- My favorite column is called "Roadside Assistance for the Spiritual Traveler," by Rabbi Rami Shapiro. His advice is always spot on and I love how he boils down seemingly difficult problems to their essence to make them really simple and easy to understand. They also have reviews of books, music, and film. Their selections are not quite mainstream, are always interesting and usually something I've never heard of before.
- Philadelphia Magazine- I love this magazine because we live close to Philadelphia. This magazine keeps me informed on local happenings like concerts and fun things to do with the kids. I have also found new restaurants and local businesses from reading this magazine. I highly recommend if your town has a local publication you check it out!
- Aspire Magazine- I may be slightly biased, since Aspire featured one of my articles in their April-May issue, but since discovering this magazine, I've been slightly obsessed :) This is an online magazine and the best part is that it's FREE! It is packed with helpful information to provide inspiration for a woman's soul. Sign up for your free subscription today!
I'm grateful for these publications for keeping me informed and inspired. I'm grateful for Linda Joy at Aspire for allowing me to publish an article for her and being so welcoming. I'm grateful that vision boarding gives me a way to reuse all the magazines I've collected over the years. What are your favorite magazines? I'd love for you to join the conversation in our Facebook Communuty.